High speed chase ends in Paso Robles fatality

June 10, 2011

A California Highway Patrol high speed chase ended in a fatal crash Thursday night at about 11 p.m. in Paso Robles.

A CHP officer approached a 56-year-old man who appeared drunk at the Wellsona truck stop west of Highway 101, CHP officials said.

The man drove off and headed southbound on Highway 101 driving at high speeds. He crashed just north of 24th street, was ejected from his vehicle and died at the scene.

CHP officers are investigating the incident and are not currently releasing the name of the man.

South bound 101 at the Spring Street exit remains closed and is expected to reopen after 9:00 a.m.

1. r0y says:

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone…

-or-

Oh well, let’s just publicly flambé this guy anonymously on the intr0netz….

2. Spirit Filled says:

God Bless this man and his family. Booze again, another person self-medicating problems away. Doesn’t work. Sure you forget troubles for a little while but other more serious problems can and do often pop up. Like killing yourself and or others while driving. I know, I was a violent drunk. Quit 28 years ago before I got killed or killed someone else.
    You know if you have a problem with alcohol! Quit drinking. Never have another sip. Don’t even smell it. Stay away from people who you drink with. Booze kills, we all know it. Smoke a little mj if you have to have something to medicate yourself with. And do not drive. Or be like me, don’t take anything just pray to our higher power and ask for help everyday. Works for me.

• Spirit Filled says:

I take it back. Do not smoke mj. Just pray, works much better than anything.

• SanSimeonSam says:

I agree with you distilled spirit…..god bless him for dying so we taxpayers don’t have to pay medical bills and then house him in jail.

• LittleAcorn says:

Amen to that! :) :)

I guess one can’t make intelligent choices when they’re drunk.

At least he didn’t kill or maim someone else.

3. SanSimeonSam says: