Driver slams into school bus near Arroyo Grande

January 24, 2013

school busA driver crashed into a school bus around 8 p.m. Wednesday on Highway 101 just south of Arroyo Grande and sustained major injuries. [KSBY]

The bus was having mechanical issues while going northbound on the 101 near Grand Avenue, so its driver slowed down while looking for an exit. The driver of a Honda Accord then crashed into the back of the bus.

Emergency responders transported the 30-year-old driver of the Accord to a hospital. One student on the bus also received treatment at a local hospital.

A total of 36 students and two adults were on the bus at the time of the crash.

The California Highway Patrol says the cause of the crash is under investigation, but drugs and alcohol have been ruled out.

1. obispan says:

There is quite a bit of money to be made recklessly crashing into a well-insured slow moving vehicle, the school district will be paying big-time.

2. Maxfusion says:

Ted, if indeed the accident is distraction related it’s much more likely the offender is a “like I’m all” female. Stand on any street corner and do a survey. You’ll find most cellphone brainiacs are “like I’m alls”. You blaming a man is disappointing, and I think Jesus would agree.

• Ted Slanders says:

Yes, most likely it is a Sister of Eve that caused this accident because their gender is weaker and easily led into error as the scriptures so state.

Women are weaker; “Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the WEAKER PARTNER and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.”

Women are easily lead into error; “They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over WEAK-WILLED WOMEN, who are loaded down with sins AND ARE SWAYED by all kinds of evil desires,” (2 Timothy 3:6)

Just think, because of Eve transgressing God’s word in the Garden of Eden, and which was the impetus for the fall of man, we men having been paying for it ever since!

• Ted Slanders says:

^ “1 Peter 3:7” to the first passage above relating to women are weaker than man.

• photocal says:

Sorry…. I missed something……..School bus on Hwy 101 at 8:00 pm at night. Having mechanical problems ? The story is rather short on details. Where was Ted’s God then ?

3. bobfromsanluis says:

How about the possibility of the driver of the car being distracted by their cell phone or car stereo?

• Ted Slanders says:

Yes, check the Honda drivers cell phone records, and if he was on the phone at the time of this accident, throw the book at him, enough!

4. justchuck says:

Tailgating may be hazardous to your health!

• slowtime says:

It always is. It would be nice to see stonger enforcement of this violation since it it the cause of a great deal of crashes. I guess it is easier to point a radar gun down a lonely road and catch the easy fish.

• kayaknut says:

Lets always ticket drivers for staying in the fast lane instead of moving over to the right, several states do ticket those drivers

• SpeakTruth says:

If you are being tailgated, you need to get out of the way. Try putting along in the slow lane for once.

• Justducky says:

So, Truth-Speaker, the truth is now out. You are one of those who like to drive beyond the speed limit and let those of use who use our cruise controls set at 65 know that you are very impatient with us by riding on our bumpers.

I’m probably older than you. I actually had behind the wheel driver training in school which they don’t offer in many high schools any more. What I do remember from that class was to think of the car in front of you as a brick wall because it could become one at anytime. That’s why I don’t tailgate and ya know what? I have never gotten a ticket in the many years I have been driving and the days of accidents seem to be far, far behind me. I’m just hoping that you tailgating immortals can keep from killing me and yes, I do get the hint and move over, but feel your road etiquette is definitely lacking.

• slowtime says:

I sometimes find the need to wash my windshield when that shiny car is on my ass. ooo they get mad!

• photocal says:

Creative thinking. Good idea, use the washer fluid that makes bubbles. Can hardly wait to try this !!!