DA drops attempted murder of co-conspirator charge in Myers case

February 26, 2013

Dystiny MyersThe two remaining defendants standing trial for the September 2010 killing of Dystiny Myers no longer face a charge of attempting to murder one of their co-conspirators. [KSBY]

The San Luis Obispo County District Attorney’s Office dropped attempted premeditated murder charges against Rhonda Wisto and Frank York Monday. Wisto and York, the only two defendants in the Dystiny Myers trial who have not reached plea agreements with prosecutors, previously faced a charge of attempting to murder Cody Miller.

Miller, whom co-conspirator Ty Hill raped with a baseball bat prior to the killing of the 15-year-old Myers, pled guilty to first-degree murder in January. Hill did so too the week prior.

Jury selection in the trial of Wisto and York begins Wednesday. Jason Greenwell, the fifth conspirator in the Myers murder, has already agreed to testify against them.

 


3 Comments

  1. SLOBIRD says:

    More waste tax dollars!

    Like or Dislike: Thumb up 2 Thumb down 0

    • OnTheOtherHand says:

      On the contrary, dropping the lesser charge may result in a plea deal that puts them away quicker without bogging down the courts. It may not serve for true justice but it could well be economically efficient.

      Like or Dislike: Thumb up 3 Thumb down 1

  2. Pelican1 says:

    I don’t believe ANY of these people involved in ANY way in this horrific, hideous tragedy should be granted ANYTHING shorty of the death penalty.
    We don’t need ANY of these people occupying space in our lives.

    Like or Dislike: Thumb up 26 Thumb down 0

Comments are closed.