95-year-old Morro Bay man missing

October 20, 2013

UPDATE: San Luis Obispo County Sheriff deputies found Wilmar Tognazzini deceased near his residence Sunday morning. There was no evidence of criminal activity or suspicious circumstances, according to a press release.

ORIGINAL STORY: San Luis Obispo County Sheriff’s deputies and volunteers are searching for 95-year-old Wilmar Tognazzini.

Tognazzini was last seen on Thursday at his home in rural Morro Bay. He has been an educator, authority on Hearst Castle, musician and author.

Officials are asking anyone with information as to Tognazzini’s whereabouts to call the sheriff’s department.

Wilmar Tognazzini

1. Pelican1 says:

In the chilly hours and minutes
    Of uncertainty
    I want to be
    In the warm hold of your lovin’ mind.

To feel you all around me
    And to take your hand
    Along the sand,
    Ah, but I may as well try and catch the wind.

When sundown pales the sky
    I want to hide a while
    Behind your smile,
    And everywhere I’d look, your eyes I’d find.

For me to love you now
    Would be the sweetest thing,
    ‘T would make me sing,
    Ah, but I may as well try and catch the wind.

When rain has hung the leaves with tears
    I want you near to kill my fears,
    To help me to leave all my blues behind.

For standin’ in your heart
    Is where I want to be
    And long to be,
    Ah, but I may as well try and catch the wind.

Ah, but I may as well try and catch the wind.

RIP Wilmar

2. Kalalau says:

He was a TREASURE ……a Morro Bay TREASURE for sure. Loved hearing him at the Dockside Two….just a wonderful man. His wonderful family is a tribute to all his guidance and family values…..and I imagine he touched many of us in many ways….in personal ways….surely a life so well lived. Thank you Mr. Tognazinni for all the ways you enriched and touched each and everyone of us in your very special way! Godspeed and many blessings….and my heartfelt condolences to all of the Tognazinni family.

3. SLOBIRD says:

Great family and legacy. RIP and condolences to the family!

4. taxpayer says:

Wilmar Tognazinni was one of the most knowledgeable, generous, kind and interesting people that Morro Bay has ever seen. He leaves a large legacy behind. Between family and the many students that he helped while he was the principal of Morro Bay Elementary, he has so many people who will miss seeing him. He was a great believer in learning and wrote a history of San Luis Obispo County which can still be found in the libraries today. He loved music and sharing with people. Morro Bay has lost a real treasure.

5. the guy paso says:

RIP

6. SuperDave says:

Was a search party initiated? Sad…

• karma2come says:

The news said there was, but he was found close to home, not sure how. Very sad story and a huge loss to the community. Prayers for all who have been touched by the loss, RIP.