Firefighters evacuate Grover Beach hotel

February 17, 2014

holiday inFirefighters evacuated guests at the Holiday Inn Express in Grover Beach Sunday morning after overheated oil in an elevator filled the hotel with smoke. [Tribune]

Shortly after 2 a.m., the Five Cities Fire Authority arrived to find hallways thick with smoke. Firefighters then began evacuating guests from the hotel’s 30 rooms. There were no injuries.

Investigators are looking into why the elevator system overheated. Even though there was smoke, there was not a fire.

High powered fans were used to ventilate the building and the guests were permitted back in their rooms after about an hour.

 


Leave a Comment