Pismo Beach apartment fire sends two to hospital

February 13, 2014

fireTwo individuals inhaled smoke and ended up in a local hospital after a fire broke out in a Pismo Beach apartment Tuesday evening.

The fire occurred around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in a second floor bedroom of an apartment in the 200 block of Addie Street. A candle inside the bedroom likely caused the fire, according to Pismo Beach Cal Fire Battalion Chief Paul Lee.

Three people were inside the residence at the time of the fire. Two inhaled smoke and were transported to an Arroyo Grande hospital. One of the individuals who inhaled smoke also suffered a small burn.

Both individuals who went to the hospital were either quickly released or denied medical care, Lee said.

Firefighters extinguished the fire by 8 p.m.

 


Leave a Comment