Fire damages Atascadero home

December 15, 2014

fireA house fire burned the living room of an Atascadero home Saturday night causing $35,000 in damage to the property.

Shortly before 11 p.m., the fire began when embers from a wood-burning stove in the living room came in contact with combustibles and spread to furniture, according to the Atascadero Fire Department. Firefighters responded to 911 calls of the blaze at a single-story home at 9555 Santa Barbara Road.

When they arrived, the firefighters managed to contain the blaze to living room, from which black smoke was rising. The responders controlled the fire within approximately 10 minutes.

The fire destroyed about $10,000 of belongings in addition to damaging the property. One person was home at the time of the fire, but no injuries occurred during the blaze.

A total of 17 personnel responded, including one engine from Paso Robles and one air and light unit from Templeton.