Storm related power outages throughout SLO County

December 11, 2014

pgeFrom Nipomo to Cambria, hundreds of San Luis Obispo County PG&E customers are in the dark Thursday evening because of storm related issues.

Strong winds have downed trees and power lines. At 10:30 p.m., the National Weather Service reported southward winds of 25 to 40 mph with damaging gusts of up to 60 mph.

The winds are slated to begin subsiding after midnight.

PG&E outages at 10:30 p.m.

Arroyo Grande – 3,400 customers

Atascadero – 5 customers

Cambria – 405 customers

Cayucos – 210 customers

Creston – 856 customers

Los Osos – 130 customers

Morro Bay – 506 customers

Nipomo – 351 customers

Paso Robles – 28 customers

San Luis Obispo – 583 customers

Santa Maria – 6,777 customers

Templeton – 61 customers

1. Rambunctious says:

PG&E has got to be near the bottom in keeping the lights on. Every little storm brings about darkness for way too many of us. As a youngster I can remember during the summer months; Cal Edison tree trimming crews would roam our neighborhoods looking for trees that could be a problem in a storm. They would even knock on doors to gain permission to access and deal with the most concerning branches threatening their power lines. I don’t think PG&E even employs tree trimmers. In my opinion, for what we pay for electricity! they should wash your car after they finish trimming your trees.

2. Jorge Estrada says:

No outage in Santa Margarita be cause the truck route is kept clear and safe.

3. sloweb says:

Hmmm, wonder why I did not see any protesters last night? Perhaps, as I suspected, fair weather protesters here in California.

• winedude says:

I bet you don’t find a lot of people protesting during a blizzard or extremely hard rainfall. So I guess my question you is what’s your point? To paraphrase Forest Gump, stupid is as stupid writes…

• adustum says:

sloweb, I’d say the protesters are very smart for not going out in this weather.

4. Rich in MB says:

It was a wild ride last night living aboard the boat in Morro Bay.
    Our dinghy flipped over and is still floating upside down behind the boat.
    So my wife and daughter were stranded ashore last night and my son and I are trapped aboard until the storm ends. With rain like this you also get a reminder of every leak the boat has.,.ugggg.