Man severely burned in propane fire in SLO

June 26, 2018

A man suffered severe burns after a fire broke out at a San Luis Obispo homeless camp early Tuesday morning as a result of an individual trying to transfer propane from one bottle to another, according to the city fire department. [Cal Coast Times]

Shortly before 2 a.m. the fire was reported at a homeless encampment behind the Courtyard Marriott on Calle Joaquin near Los Osos Valley Road. Responders transported the victim to Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center.

KSBY reports the victim, a transient, suffered second and third-degree burns.

The incident began when a vapor cloud formed while one man was trying to transfer propane into a larger bottle. The propane leaked into the camp, starting a fire.

Firefighters knocked down the blaze in about 30 minutes. The blaze burned about 1,000 square feet of brush.


Loading...
Stunned

Wait now….you can’t transfer propane from a stolen tank to a found tank at 2 a.m. near an open fire?


AmericaTheFree

No, you wait now! Where does it say anything was “stolen”? Anything?! And the other tank was “found”? Where in the article does it say that? Are you just tryin’ to add fuel to the fire of this man’s dilemma by insinuating, without a shred of proof, that he is both a thief and too poor to buy a bottle that holds propane? You represent the best of SLO; scared chittless of what you don’t (or can’t, or won’t) understand while marginalizing an injured human being by accusing him of being a thief all because he’s without a home. Good Job! If the “thumbs up – thumbs down” was up an runnin’ you’d be getting a ticker tape type of positives response’s from the like minded crowd you’re evidently tryin’ either fit in with or tryin’ to join there in SLO.


I hope this gentleman isn’t too badly burned, 2nd and 3rd degree burns aren’t anything to take lightly, and I hope he gets the care he both needs and deserves as a human being and isn’t too badly scarred, both emotionally and physically, from this unfortunate incident.