Food Recalls and Safety Alerts
These are the newest recalls, market withdrawals, & safety alerts from FoodSafety.Gov.
For more information visit the website.
- Dominex Natural Foods, LLC, Issues Voluntary Recall Due to Possible Undeclared Nut Allergen in AngelBowls brand of Corkscrew Pasta & Creamy Tomato Vodka Sauce Pasta Bowl – Dominex Natural Foods, LLC, is voluntarily recalling its AngelBowls Corkscrew Pasta and Creamy Tomato Vodka Sauce with following day codes: 00914 and 01314; (“Corkscrew Pasta”) because its ingredients may include undeclared pine nuts, a potential allergen. The company has determined that a small number of cases were inadvertently mispackaged.
- Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Wegmans Easter Bread, 17 oz. – Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. has initiated a voluntary recall of all Wegmans Easter Bread (braided loaf) 17 oz., UPC 77890 32431 (all code dates) because it contains egg, which is not declared on the label. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to egg run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
- Hickory Farms Issues Allergy Alert on Chipotle Ranch Sauce Due to Undeclared Milk – Hickory Farms, Inc., the specialty food and holiday gift retailer today announced a voluntary recall of its Chipotle Ranch Sauce due to an undeclared allergen on its label. The Chipotle Ranch Sauce is formulated with buttermilk powder, a known allergen.
- Whole Foods Market Southwest Region Recalls Mini Butter Croissants Due to Undeclared Egg – Whole Foods Market Southwest Region is recalling mini butter croissants because they contain eggs, an undeclared allergen.Ã‚Â People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to eggs run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
- Price Chopper Supermarkets Recalls Price Chopper Brand Tuscan White Bean Hummus due to Mislabeling – Price Chopper Supermarkets is issuing a voluntary recall on its Price Chopper Brand Tuscan White Bean Hummus. The product is being recalled due to it being mislabeled with the ingredient panel for Price Chopper Sweet Potato Hummus, which does not declare that the product contains parmesan cheese, a known allergen.
- Natural Organics, Inc. Recalls one lot ofTHURSDAY PLANTATION TEA TREE MOUTHWASH Due to Bacterial Contamination – Natural Organics, Inc. is expanding its April 3, 2014 recall of distributed Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Mouthwash to Lot 10952 after they were notified by its contract manufacturer INTEGRIA Healthcare (Australia} Pty Ltd. that this second lot of Tea Tree Mouthwash failed microbial contamination testing due to potential bacterial contamination.
This bacterial contaminant, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, could pose a health risk to consumers.
- Health Matters America Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Organic Traditions Brand Dark Chocolate Golden Berries and Dark Chocolate Sacha Inchi Seeds – HEALTH MATTERS AMERICA INC. of Cheektowaga, New York is recalling specific lots of ORGANIC TRADITIONS BRAND DARK CHOCOLATE GOLDEN BERRIES AND DARK CHOCOLATE SACHA INCHI SEEDS because they were found to contain undeclared milk. People who have an allergy to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
- Purina Animal Nutrition LLC Recalls Poultry Feeds Due to Potential Health Risk – The Purina Animal Nutrition LLC feed plant in Portland, Ore., has initiated a limited recall of certain poultry feeds due to the potential for lower-than-expected vitamin and trace mineral levels. The products were distributed to retailers in Oregon and Washington.
- Private Selection Sweet Strawberry Sorbet Recalled for Undeclared Allergen – The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) said today it has recalled Private Selection Sweet Strawberry Sorbet sold at the company’s Kroger and Jay C stores in 13 states because the product may contain milk not listed on the label. People who are allergic to milk could have a severe reaction if they consume this product.
- La Compañía Fernández Chile Inc. retira del mercado Chile Molido Puro de 4 onzas y Chile Rojo de 6 onzas por contaminación potencial de Salmonella – La Compañía Fernández Chile Inc. de Alamosa , Colorado está retirando del mercado su Chile Molido Puro de 4 onzas (oz) código de barras UPC 77601- 10011 y Chile Rojo de 6 onzas (oz) con código de barra UPC 77601-10053, ya que pueden estar potencialmente contaminados con Salmonella, un organismo que puede causar infecciones serias y a veces fatales en los jóvenes, personas débiles o ancianas , y con sistemas inmunológicos debilitados.
- Sinco Inc Issues Allergy alert on undeclared Peanut Protein in Archer Farms Chocolate Hazelnut Swirl Gelato – SINCO INC is voluntarily recalling from sale Archer Farms Chocolate Hazelnut Swirl Gelato 30 FL OZ (UPC 085239-703618), imported from Italy and sold exclusively at Target stores nationwide. This product may contain traces of peanut protein, which is not declared on the label.
- Fernandez Chile Company Inc. Recalls 4oz Chile Molido Puro and 6oz Chile Rojo Potential Salmonella Contamination – Fernandez Chile Company Inc of Alamosa, Colorado is recalling 4oz Chile Molido Puro UPC code 77601-10011 and 6oz Chile Rojo UPC code 77601-10053 because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.
- Bissinger’s Announces a Voluntary Recall of Its Dark Chocolate Bunny Ears Due to Undeclared Milk – Karl Bissinger’s LLC today announced a recall of its Dark Chocolate Bunny Ears because one lot was mislabeled and contains undeclared milk. People who have a severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of a serious or life threatening reaction if they consume this product.
- Swanson Health Products Recalls Full Spectrum Cilantro – Swanson Health Products is voluntarily recalling Swanson Premium Brand Full Spectrum Cilantro (Coriander), item number SW1112, because it has the potential to be contaminated with salmonella.
- Lisy Corporation Issues Recall on: Lisy Sweet Basil (Albahaca) 6 Oz., Item 1132 Lot #’s A013 0518 & A014 0518 – Lisy Corporation of Miami, FL is voluntarily recalling Lisy Sweet Basil (Albahaca), 6 oz jar, Item #1132, Lot #’s A013 0518 & A014 0518, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. Salmonella is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
- The Robert Abady Dog Food Co., LLC Recalls “Abady Highest Quality Maintenance & Growth Formula for Cats” Because of Possible Health Risk – The Robert Abady Dog Food Co., LLC of Poughkeepsie, NY, is recalling its 2 lb, 5 lb & 15 lb boxes of “Abady Highest Quality Maintenance & Growth Formula for Cats” because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.
- Frontier Natural Products Co-op Initiates Voluntary Class 1 Recall Due to Possible Health Risk – Frontier Natural Products Co-op is voluntarily recalling several of its products manufactured with organic black peppercorns that were sold under its Frontier and Simply Organic brands, Whole Foods Market 365 Everyday Value, Nature’s Place and others due to potential Salmonella contamination. To date, no illnesses have been associated with these products.
- Buffalo Sav Inc. Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Soy In “Grandma’s Perogies Potato & Bacon Perogies” – Buffalo SAV Inc of Buffalo, NY is recalling its 907 g (2 lb) package of Potato and Bacon perogies Grandma`s perogies brand because it may contain undeclared soy protein allergen. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to Soy protein run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
- Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage Issues Recall on Organic Black Peppercorns Due to Possible Health Risk – Vitamin Cottage Natural Food Markets, Inc., a Lakewood, Colorado based natural grocery chain, is recalling multiple lots of Natural Grocers brand Organic Black Peppercorns as the product has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. Consumption of products containing Salmonella can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
- H Group, Inc. Issues Voluntary Allergen Alert on Undeclared Allergens in Caesar Salad with Caesar Dressing – H Group, Inc. of Framingham, MA is voluntarily recalling 509 units of Trader Giotto’s Caesar Salad with Caesar Dressing (SKU 05161) sold in the refrigeration section. These 509 individual salads are marked with the following date codes: “Sell By 04/6/14, 04/7/14 and 04/8/14.”