Food Recalls and Safety Alerts
These are the newest recalls, market withdrawals, & safety alerts from FoodSafety.Gov.
For more information visit the website.
- Texas Firm Recalls Ready-to-eat Products For Possible Listeria Contamination – Great American Marketing, a Houston, Texas establishment, is recalling approximately 475 pounds of FSIS and FDA-regulated, ready-to-eat products due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes, the U.S. Department of Agricultureâ€™s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
- Lion Pavilion Issues Alert on Undeclared Sulfites in Tasty Peach Slices – LION PAVILION LTD. of Maspeth, NY is recalling Tasty Peach Slices because it contains undeclared sulfites. Consumers who have severe sensitivity to sulfites run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reactions if they consume this product.
- Whole Foods Market Recalls Made-In-Store Items Prepared With Stone Fruit Voluntarily Recalled by Wawona Packing Co. Due to Possible Health Risk – Whole Foods Market has recalled made-in-store items prepared with organic and conventional stone fruit, including peaches, nectarines, and plums from Wawona Packing Co. because of possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
While no illnesses have been reported to-date, Listeria monocytogenes is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
- Earth Circle Organics Recalls Organic Carob Powder for Possible Salmonella Contamination – Earth Circle Organics, (River Canyon Retreat,
Inc., dba) has been notified by its supplier of a recall of Organic Carob Powder due to possible health
risks related to Salmonella contamination. Salmonella is an organism which can cause serious and
sometime fatal infections in young children, frail, or elderly people and others with weakened immune
- Wegmans Issues Voluntary Recall of Bakery Products That May Contain Fresh Peaches, Nectarines and Plums Supplied by Wawona Packing Company – Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is voluntarily recalling several in-store baked desserts that may contain fresh peaches, nectarines, and/or plums. The fruit was supplied by California-based Wawona Packing Company, which issued a voluntary recall when routine testing by the company showed potential contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Wawona Packing Co. Takes Precautionary Step of Voluntarily Recalling Fresh, Whole Peaches, Plums, Nectarines, and Pluots Because of Possible Health Risk – Wawona Packing Company of Cutler, Calif is voluntarily recalling certain lots of whole peaches (white and yellow), nectarines (white and yellow), plums and pluots packed between June 1, 2014 through July 12,2014 due to the potential of the products being contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. Wawona Packing has notified retailers of the specific lots being recalled.
- Whole Foods Market Hyannis Recalls Chocolate Chewies Cookies Due to Undeclared Tree Nut Allergen – Whole Foods Market is recalling ‘Chocolate Chewies’ produced and sold in the Hyannis, Massachusetts location due to an undeclared tree nut allergen. The product was sold in the store between Sunday, July 13, 2014 and Friday, July 18, 2014 in clear, clamshell packaging and has a Use By date of: 7/18/14.
- Mars Food North America Voluntarily Recalls Specific Batch and Item Number Representing Less Than 2,000 Cases – Mars Food North America is voluntarily recalling two Lot Codes of UNCLE BEN’S® READY RICE® Garden Vegetable with Peas, Carrots & Corn pouch product, representing less than 2,000 cases. Some pouches in these lot codes were filled with a different product that contains barley, a non-wheat source of gluten, which is not declared on the product packaging.
- King of Pops Charleston SC Issues Allergen Alert on Undeclared: Soy, Milk, Egg and Wheat – King of Pops of Charleston, SC is recalling mislabeled banana puddin’ pops and keylime pie pops because they may contain milk, wheat, egg, and/or soy some of which is undeclared on the label.
- Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Tattoo Ink, Tattoo Needles, Tattoo kits Due to Microbial Contamination – July 11, 2014- White & Blue Lion, Inc. in the City of Industry, CA is recalling all lots of tattoo Inks and tattoo needles due to pathogenic bacterial contamination. Use of these products may cause bacterial infection and can lead to sepsis, a potentially life-threatening complication of an infection. The recall includes all tattoo inks, tattoo needles, and tattoo kits distributed by White & Blue Lion including the ones specifically listed below:
- Charles Products Recalls Decorative Pint And Shot Glasses Due To Possible Health Risk – Charles Products, Inc. (CPI) announced today that it is voluntarily recalling shot and pint glasses identified below sold exclusively through M&M’S World retail stores in New York, Las Vegas, Orlando and London.
- Whole Foods Market Recalls Pre-packaged Mini Caesar And Mini Mesclun Goat Cheese Salad In Three States, Due To Undeclared Allergen – Whole Foods Market is recalling mini 4oz. containers of pre-packaged Caesar salad and Mesclun Goat Cheese salad sold in stores on July 8,, 2014 throughout New York, New Jersey (Excluding Princeton, Cherry Hill and Marlton) and Connecticut (Excluding Glastonbury, West Hartford and Bishop’s Corner) due to mislabeling and a resulting undeclared allergen of fish and egg (Caesar) and tree nuts (Mesclun Goat Cheese). The product has a Sell by date of: 7/11/14.
- Cargill Conducts Voluntary Recall of Select Nutrena® NatureWise® Meatbird Feed Due to Possible Animal Health Risk – Minneapolis, Minn., – 1 July 2014 – Cargill’s animal nutrition business today announced a voluntary recall of its Nutrena NatureWise meatbird feed due to excess levels of sodium. Sodium is an essential nutrient for poultry.
- Oriya Organics, LLC Voluntarily Recalls Oriya Organics Superfood Protein Medley Containing Sprouted Chia Seed Powder for Possible Salmonella Contamination – Oriya Organics, LLC is voluntarily recalling Oriya Organics Superfood Protein Medley which contain Organic Sprouted Chia Seed Powder due to possible health risks related to Salmonella contamination.
- Flowers Foods Issues Allergy Alert and Voluntary Recall on Limited Quantity of Sunbeam, Bunny, Flowers Deli, and Ingles Bar-B-Q Bread Sold in Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, and Tennessee – Flowers Foods (NYSE: FLO) is voluntarily recalling the following brands of Bar-B-Q bread because they may contain undeclared milk. People who have allergies to dairy products run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products. No illnesses have been reported to date.
- Richard’s Rubs & Seasonings Recalls Sauces Because of Possible Health Risk – Richard’s Rubs & Seasonings LLC is recalling Richard’s Too Good BBQ Sauce, Richard’s Too Good Hot Sauce and Richard’s Too Good Teriyaki Sauce because they may have been improperly processed and because they may have the potential to be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum, which can cause botulism, a serious and potentially fatal foodborne illness.
- Nestlé USA Issues Recall Of Limited Amounts Of Häagen-Dazs® Chocolate Chocolate Chip Ice Cream In East Coast Region Due To Mismatched Packaging – Nestlé USA is initiating a recall of limited amounts of ice cream due to mismatched packaging. The affected products are 14-ounce cartons labeled as Häagen-Dazs Chocolate Chocolate Chip Ice Cream with a UPC of 74570-08400, and lid labeled as Häagen-Dazs Chocolate Peanut Butter.
- Health Matters America Inc. Of Cheektowaga, New York, Recalls Additional Sprouted Chia Seed And Sprouted Chia & Flax Seed Powder Due To Possible Health Risk – HEALTH MATTERS AMERICA INC. of Cheektowaga, New York is expanding the voluntary recall of Organic Traditions Sprouted Chia Seed Powder and Sprouted Chia& Flax Seed Powder due to possible Salmonella contamination, an organism that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.
- Kraft Foods Group Voluntarily Recalls Small Quantity of Velveeta Original – Kraft Foods Group is voluntarily recalling 260 cases of Velveeta Original Pasteurized Recipe Cheese Product because it does not contain appropriate levels of sorbic acid, a preservative ingredient. While unlikely, the affected product could spoil prematurely and/or lead to food borne illness.
- Vita Food Products Issues Voluntary Recall of 4oz Vita Classic Premium Sliced Smoked Atlantic Salmon Due to Possible Health Risk – Chicago, Illinois – June 16, 2014 – Vita Food Products, Inc. of Chicago, Illinois is notifying the public that it is recalling 1,878 pounds of Vita Classic Premium Sliced Smoked Atlantic Salmon due to possible contamination of Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea.