Food Recalls and Safety Alerts
These are the newest recalls, market withdrawals, & safety alerts from FoodSafety.Gov.
For more information visit the website.
- Mars Petcare US Announces Voluntary Recall of 22 Bags of PEDIGREE® Brand Adult Complete Nutrition for Dogs Sold at Dollar General in Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee and Louisiana – Today, Mars Petcare US announced a voluntary recall of 22 bags of PEDIGREE® Adult Complete Nutrition dry dog food products due to the possible presence of a foreign material. The bags were produced in one manufacturing facility, and shipped to one retail customer
- Voluntary Recall Notice of Margaret Holmes 14.5 oz Turnip Greens and 14.5 oz Mixed Greens Due to Questionable Seals – McCall Farms Incorporated is initiating a voluntary recall on 14.5 oz Margaret Holmes Turnip Greens and 14.5 oz Margaret Holmes Mixed Greens due to the potential of questionable seals. This recall does not impact any other Margaret Holmes vegetables.
- Nestlé Prepared Foods Company Announces Allergy Alert and Voluntary Recall Of LEAN CUISINE® Culinary Collection Chicken with Peanut Sauce Recall Due to Package Mislabeling – Nestlé Prepared Foods Company, a business unit of Nestlé USA, is initiating the voluntary recall of a limited quantity of LEAN CUISINE® Culinary Collection Chicken with Peanut Sauce/UPC code 13800 10154 because it may contain undeclared shrimp.
- nSPIRED Natural Foods, Inc. Voluntarily Recalls Certain Retail Lots Of Arrowhead Mills® Peanut Butters, Maranatha® Almond Butters And Peanut Butters And Specific Private Label Nut Butters Because Of Possible Health Risk – nSpired Natural Foods, Inc. is voluntarily recalling certain retail lots of Arrowhead Mills® Peanut Butters, MaraNatha® Almond Butters and Peanut Butters and specific private label nut butters (listed below) packaged in glass and plastic jars because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Voluntary Recall Notice of McCormick Ground Oregano Due to Possible Salmonella Risk – McCormick & Company, Incorporated is initiating a voluntary recall of McCormick® Ground Oregano, 0.75 oz bottle, UPC 0-523561-6 with code dates BEST BY AUG 21 16 H and AUG 22 16 H due to possible contamination with Salmonella. This recall does not impact any other McCormick Ground, Whole or Oregano Leaves products.
- Sunfood Recalls Organic Carob Powder Because Of Possible Health Risk – Sunfood of El Cajon, CA is recalling Organic Carob Powder, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.
- Regeneca Worldwide, A Division Of Vivaceuticals, Inc Voluntarily Recalls RegeneSlim Appetite Control Capsules Due To The Presence Of DMAA That May Pose Possible Health Risk – Regeneca Worldwide a division of VivaCeuticals, Inc. Las Vegas, NV is conducting a voluntary nationwide recall of its RegeneSlim appetite control dietary supplement from lot # EX0616R15814 and lot #11414RE5516 because FDA analysis confirmed the presence of DMAA. DMAA is also known as 1,3-dimethylamylamine, methylhexanamine, or geranium extract. DMAA is commonly used as a stimulant, pre-workout, and weight loss ingredient in dietary supplement products. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has warned that DMAA is potentially dangerous to health as it can narrow blood vessels and arteries, which can cause a rise in blood pressure or other cardiovascular problems such as shortness of breath, arrhythmias, tightening in the chest, and heart attack.
- Seoul Shik Poom Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Eggs in Choripdong Chocolate Almond Richmond Ice Bar – Seoul Shik Poom Inc. of Englewood, NJ is recalling Choripdong Chocolate Almond Richmond Ice Bar (4bags/432ml) because they may contain undeclared eggs. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to eggs run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
- Oasis Brands, Inc Recalls Quesito Casero 12oz Because Of Possible Health Risk – Oasis Brands, Inc of Miami, FL is recalling Quesito Casero 12oz with expiration date 09/27/14, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
- Ortho Molecular Products Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Milk In Lifecore Chocolate And Lifecore Complete Chocolate – Ortho Molecular Products of Stevens Point, Wisconsin is recalling all lots of LifeCore Chocolate and LifeCore Complete Chocolate because the flavoring may contain undeclared milk. According to food safety standards, people who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
- New England Greens, LLC dba Vibrant Health Recalls Green Vibrance and Rainbow Vibrance Because of Possible Health Risk – New England Greens of Canaan, Connecticut is recalling 10 lots of Green Vibrance and one lot of Rainbow Vibrance after a former raw material supplier, Raw Deal of Allamuchy, NJ, recalled the Organic Parsley Leaf Powder used to manufacture Green Vibrance and Rainbow Vibrance because of the potential for contamination with Salmonella. Although the possibility is slight that any amount of Salmonella is present in any of the recalled lots of the above-mentioned products, New England Greens is issuing the recall with an abundance of caution for the safety of its consumers.
- Sunburst Superfoods Recalls Organic Raw Carob Powder Because of Possible Health Risk – Sunburst Superfoods of Tuckahoe, NY, is recalling Sunburst SUPERFOODS Organic Raw Carob Powder sold from March 12, 2014 through July 28th, 2014, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.
- Wawona Packing Co. Expands Its Voluntary Recall of Fresh, Whole Peaches, Plums, Nectarines, and Pluots Because of Possible Health Risk – Out of an abundance of caution, Wawona Packing Company of Cutler, California is expanding its voluntary recall from July 19, 2014, of whole white and yellow peaches, white and yellow nectarines, plums and pluots due to the potential of the products being contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- CDPH Warns Consumers Not to Eat VR Green Farms Jarred Food Products Because of Botulism Risk – California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Director and State Health Officer Dr. Ron Chapman warned consumers today not to eat VR Green Farms jarred food products because they may have been improperly produced, making them susceptible to contamination with Clostridium botulinum.
- Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage Issues Voluntary Recall For Various Chunks of Energy Products Because They Contain Organic Carob Powder From Ciranda, Inc., Which May Be Contaminated With Salmonella – Lakewood, CO. Natural Grocers is issuing a voluntary recall of Chunks of Energy Carob Greens and Chunks of Energy Date / Flax/Tumeric because they contain organic carob powder from Ciranda, Inc., Hudson, WI 54016, which may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- SW Wisc Dairy Goat Products Coop issues voluntary recall of Raw Goat Milk Mild Cheddar Cheese Lot Code 103-114 because of possible health risk – SW Wisc Dairy Goat Products Coop of Mt Sterling, Wisc is recalling Raw Milk Mild Cheddar Cheese Lot Code 103-114 because it may be contaminated with Shiga toxin producing Escherichia coli (STEC) O111:H8 bacteria. This is one of the 6 STEC strains that have been deemed to be of serious health concern as it can cause diarrheal illness, often with bloody stools, and may lead to more severe complications like Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome (HUS). HUS is most likely to occur in young children, the elderly and immunocompromised individuals and can lead to severe kidney damage and even death.
- Hummingbird Wholesale Recalls Organic Raw Carob Powder for Possible Salmonella Contamination – Hummingbird Wholesale in Eugene Oregon has been notified by its supplier of a recall of Organic Raw Carob Powder due to possible health risks related to potential Salmonella contamination. Salmonella is an organism which can cause serious and sometime fatal infections in young children, frail, or elderly people and others with weakened immune systems.
- CONSUMER ALERT: UNDECLARED MILK IN Uprising brand Carrot Drink, Beet Drink and in Peanut Punch – New York State Agriculture Commissioner Richard A. Ball today alerted consumers to undeclared milk in Uprising Brand Carrot Drink, Beet Drink and Peanut Punch, distributed by Erlo Distribution Inc., Brooklyn, NY. People who have severe sensitivity to milk may run the risk of serious or life-threatening reactions if they consume this product.
- Starway Inc. Issues an Alert on Undeclared Sulfites in Peony Mark Brand Roasted and Salted Pumpkin Seeds – Starway Incorporated, located at 137 Grattan Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11237, is recalling Peony Mark Brand Roasted and Salted Pumpkin Seeds because the product contains undeclared sulfites. People who have severe sensitivity to sulfites run the risk of serious or life threatening allergic reactions if they consume this product.
- The TJX Companies, Inc. Recalls “Ecoato” Sweet Paprika Powder Due to Possible Health Risk – The TJX Companies, Inc. today announced it is recalling “ecoato” Sweet Paprika Powder products as they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. Upon learning of the potential risk from the Food and Drug Administration, the Company took rapid action to alert its stores to remove the product from store shelves immediately and has put in place additional measures to prevent sales of the product.