Food Recalls and Safety Alerts
These are the newest recalls, market withdrawals, & safety alerts from FoodSafety.Gov.
For more information visit the website.
- Gel Spice Company, Inc. Issues A Voluntary Recall Of Fresh Finds Brand Ground Black Pepper, 3.53 oz (100 g), Due To Possible Salmonella Risk – Gel Spice Company, Inc., of Bayonne, NJ, is issuing a voluntary recall notice for 16,443 cases of Fresh Finds-Ground Black Pepper, 3.53 oz, plastic jars, because it has the possibility to be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.
- Taylor Farms Pacific, Inc. voluntarily recalls Roma Tomatoes due to potential Salmonella contamination – Taylor Farms Pacific, Inc. of Tracy, CA has been notified that specific lots of “Expo Fresh” Roma tomatoes supplied to Taylor Farms Pacific may be contaminated with Salmonella as a result of routine testing. No illnesses have been reported.
- Publix Recalls Private Label Jalapeno Bagels – Out of an abundance of precaution, the company is issuing a voluntary recall for Publix Jalapeno Bagels, which are sold in either the self-service bins or artisan cases in the bakery department, and may contain pieces of glass and small stones.
The Publix Jalapeno Bagels were distributed to Publix store locations in Alabama, Florida, Georgia and South Carolina. Publix stores in Tennessee and North Carolina are not impacted by this recall.
- Plum Organics Voluntarily Recalls Little Cremes Organic Rice Milk Snacks Due to Potential Choking Hazard – Plum Organics is voluntarily recalling its Little Cremes organic rice milk snacks line after it was found that the product has the potential to cause choking. The small, bite-sized snack pieces are made to soften in a child’s mouth in less than 20 seconds making them easy to swallow.
- Mars Chocolate North America Issues Allergy Alert Voluntary Recall on Undeclared Peanuts and Eggs in TWIX Bites 7oz Stand Up Pouch – Today, Mars Chocolate North America announced a voluntary recall of its TWIX Brand Unwrapped Bites 7 oz. Stand Up Pouch with the code date: 421BA4GA60. Fewer than 25 cases of the stand-up pouches in this single lot code may contain product containing peanuts and eggs without listing them on the ingredient label.
- Tullia’s Recalls Sauce Because of Possible Health Risk – Tullia’s is recalling Italian Meatless Pasta Sauce code 530140. This recall has been initiated because a records review by the Washington State Department of Agriculture revealed that one batch of sauce produced with the 530140 code had a pH level high enough to allow the growth of Clostridium botulinum.
- La Orocovena Biscuit Voluntarily Recalls Pound Cake de Queso Due to Undeclared Milk, Soy and Wheat – Through this means we inform to all La Orocoveña Biscuit clients that we will be conducting a recall of the product Pound Cake de Queso, 2oz. Exp. Dates 08/11/2014 to 10/12/2014, this since the product contains undeclared milk, wheat and soy.
- Tjs Place recalls Basil Pesto Pasta because of potential health risk – Tjs Place of Kirkland Washington is voluntarily recalling approx. 20 containers of Basil Pesto Pasta packed in 8 oz plastic tubs because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
- PEDIGREE Adult Complete Nutrition Limited Recall Due to Metal Fragments (Expanded) – At PEDIGREE, we care about all dogs and their safety and well-being is extremely important to us, and to our mission – to make a Better World for Pets. For that reason, we have announced the extension of a previous voluntary recall of PEDIGREE Adult Complete Nutrition dry dog food products due to the possible presence of a foreign material.
- 4C Foods Corp. Voluntarily Recalls 4C Grated Cheese Homestyle Parmesan Because of Salmonella Contamination – 4C Foods Corp. is recalling its 6-oz. glass jars of “4C Grated Cheese HomeStyle Parmesan”, UPC 0-41387-32790-8 with code dates BEST BY JUL 21 2016 and JUL 22 2016 due to possible contamination with Salmonella. This recall does not impact any other 4C cheese products. Salmonella is an organism that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
- Regeneca Worldwide, a Division of Vivaceuticals, Inc Expands the Voluntarily Recall of Regeneslim Appetite Control Capsules Due to the Presence of DMAA that May Pose Possible Health Risk – Regeneca Worldwide a division of VivaCeuticals, Inc. Las Vegas, NV is expanding the voluntary nationwide recall of its RegeneSlim appetite control dietary supplement to include lot #823230415, lot #EX0616r 15813, Lot # EX0616R15814 and Lot #11414re5516 because FDA analysis confirmed the presence of DMAA. DMAA is also known as 1,3-dimethylamylamine, methylhexanamine, or geranium extract. DMAA is commonly used as a stimulant, pre-workout, and weight loss ingredient in dietary supplement products.
- Kraft Foods Group Voluntarily Recalls Select Varieties of Regular Kraft American Singles Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product Due to Ingredient Supplier’s Out-of-Standard Storage Temperatures – Kraft Foods Group is voluntarily recalling 7,691 cases of select varieties of regular Kraft American Singles Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product. A supplier did not store an ingredient used in this product in accordance with Kraft’s temperature standards.
- Dole Fresh Vegetables Announces Allergy Alert and Voluntary Limited Recall of DOLE-branded Spinach Due to Possible Contamination by Walnuts – Although no illnesses or allergic reactions have been
reported, Dole Fresh Vegetables is initiating a limited voluntary recall of the following products:
This recall is due to possible contamination of these products by walnuts.
- Mars Petcare US Announces Voluntary Recall of 22 Bags of PEDIGREE® Brand Adult Complete Nutrition for Dogs Sold at Dollar General in Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee and Louisiana – Today, Mars Petcare US announced a voluntary recall of 22 bags of PEDIGREE® Adult Complete Nutrition dry dog food products due to the possible presence of a foreign material. The bags were produced in one manufacturing facility, and shipped to one retail customer
- Voluntary Recall Notice of Margaret Holmes 14.5 oz Turnip Greens and 14.5 oz Mixed Greens Due to Questionable Seals – McCall Farms Incorporated is initiating a voluntary recall on 14.5 oz Margaret Holmes Turnip Greens and 14.5 oz Margaret Holmes Mixed Greens due to the potential of questionable seals. This recall does not impact any other Margaret Holmes vegetables.
- Nestlé Prepared Foods Company Announces Allergy Alert and Voluntary Recall Of LEAN CUISINE® Culinary Collection Chicken with Peanut Sauce Recall Due to Package Mislabeling – Nestlé Prepared Foods Company, a business unit of Nestlé USA, is initiating the voluntary recall of a limited quantity of LEAN CUISINE® Culinary Collection Chicken with Peanut Sauce/UPC code 13800 10154 because it may contain undeclared shrimp.
- nSPIRED Natural Foods, Inc. Voluntarily Recalls Certain Retail Lots Of Arrowhead Mills® Peanut Butters, Maranatha® Almond Butters And Peanut Butters And Specific Private Label Nut Butters Because Of Possible Health Risk – nSpired Natural Foods, Inc. is voluntarily recalling certain retail lots of Arrowhead Mills® Peanut Butters, MaraNatha® Almond Butters and Peanut Butters and specific private label nut butters (listed below) packaged in glass and plastic jars because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Voluntary Recall Notice of McCormick Ground Oregano Due to Possible Salmonella Risk – McCormick & Company, Incorporated is initiating a voluntary recall of McCormick® Ground Oregano, 0.75 oz bottle, UPC 0-523561-6 with code dates BEST BY AUG 21 16 H and AUG 22 16 H due to possible contamination with Salmonella. This recall does not impact any other McCormick Ground, Whole or Oregano Leaves products.
- Sunfood Recalls Organic Carob Powder Because Of Possible Health Risk – Sunfood of El Cajon, CA is recalling Organic Carob Powder, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.
- Regeneca Worldwide, A Division of Vivaceuticals, Inc Voluntarily Recalls RegeneSlim Appetite Control Capsules Due to the Presence Of DMAA That May Pose Possible Health Risk – Regeneca Worldwide a division of VivaCeuticals, Inc. Las Vegas, NV is conducting a voluntary nationwide recall of its RegeneSlim appetite control dietary supplement from lot # EX0616R15814 and lot #11414RE5516 because FDA analysis confirmed the presence of DMAA. DMAA is also known as 1,3-dimethylamylamine, methylhexanamine, or geranium extract. DMAA is commonly used as a stimulant, pre-workout, and weight loss ingredient in dietary supplement products. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has warned that DMAA is potentially dangerous to health as it can narrow blood vessels and arteries, which can cause a rise in blood pressure or other cardiovascular problems such as shortness of breath, arrhythmias, tightening in the chest, and heart attack.