Food Recalls and Safety Alerts
These are the newest recalls, market withdrawals, & safety alerts from FoodSafety.Gov.
For more information visit the website.
- Bravo Recalls Select Chicken and Turkey Pet Foods Because of Possible Salmonella Health Risk – (Manchester, CT) Bravo of Manchester, CT is recalling select lots of Bravo Turkey and Chicken pet foods for dogs and cats because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. Salmonella can affect animals eating the products and there is risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products.
- Whole Foods Market Bedford Recalls Streusel Coffee Cake Due To Undeclared Tree Nut Allergen – Whole Foods Market is recalling “Plain Streusel Coffeecake” produced and sold in the Bedford, Massachusetts location due to an undeclared tree nut allergen. The product has a “Sell By” date between September 19 and September 30, 2014.
- Dominguez Foods of Washington Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Wheat, Whey (Milk), and Soy in “Su Cocina” Label, Pan Molido (Plain Bread Crumbs) – DOMINGUEZ FOODS WASHINGTON INC. of Zillah, Washington is recalling “SU COCINA” PAN MOLIDO (Plain Bread Crumbs) because it may contain undeclared WHEAT, WHEY (MILK), and SOY. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to wheat, milk, or soy run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
- The Original Soupman Issues Allergy Alert and Recall on Certain Lots of “The Original Soupman Lobster Bisque” – The ORIGINAL SOUPMAN of Staten Island, New York, is recalling some of its LOBSTER BISQUE in Tetra Pak cartons because due to human error some cartons were printed omitting that, in addition to lobster, the product also contains shrimp, as well as perch and tilapia in its lobster base. Only people who have allergies to shrimp (Crustaceans) run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
- Gold Star Smoked Fish Corp. Voluntarily Recalls Cold Smoke Steelhead Due to Possible Listeria Monocytogenes Contamination. – Gold Star Smoked Fish Corp., located at 570 Smith Street,
Brooklyn, NY 11231, is recalling Cold Smoked Steelhead in Vacuum Pack with blue and gold
label due to contamination or possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Glaser Organic Farms Recalls Organic Carob Powder For Possible Salmonella Contamination – Glaser Organic Farms has been
notified by its supplier of a recall of Organic Carob Powder due to possible health risks
related to Salmonella contamination. Salmonella is an organism which can cause serious and sometime fatal infections in young children, frail, or elderly people and others with weakened immune systems.
- Consumer Alert: Undeclared Eggs in “Coconut Bun” – New York State Agriculture Commissioner Richard A. Ball today alerted consumers to undeclared eggs in “Coconut Bun”, packaged and distributed by Golden King Bakery located at 90 Bowery, New York, NY 10013. No illnesses have been reported to date to the Department in connection with this product.
- Mars Chocolate North America Issues Allergy Alert Voluntary Recall On Undeclared Peanut Butter In M&Ms Brand Milk Chocolate Theater Box – Today, Mars Chocolate North America announced a voluntary recall of its M&M Brand Theater Box 3.40 oz UPC #40000294764 with the following lot numbers… This theater box item within these lot codes may contain product containing peanut butter without listing on the ingredient label on the outside cardboard box. The inside package is correctly labelled with ingredients and allergy information.
- An Alert on Uneviscerated Dried Roach (Vobla) – S&S Food Import corp. is recalling all packages of Uneviscerated Dried Roach (Vobla) with the following package code “Best Before 06.05.2015”. The Uneviscerated Dried Roach (Vobla) was sampled by New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets food Inspectors during a routine sanitary inspection.
- Gel Spice Company, Inc. Issues A Voluntary Recall Of Fresh Finds Brand Ground Black Pepper, 3.53 oz (100 g), Due To Possible Salmonella Risk – Gel Spice Company, Inc., of Bayonne, NJ, is issuing a voluntary recall notice for 16,443 cases of Fresh Finds-Ground Black Pepper, 3.53 oz, plastic jars, because it has the possibility to be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.
- Taylor Farms Pacific, Inc. voluntarily recalls Roma Tomatoes due to potential Salmonella contamination – Taylor Farms Pacific, Inc. of Tracy, CA has been notified that specific lots of “Expo Fresh” Roma tomatoes supplied to Taylor Farms Pacific may be contaminated with Salmonella as a result of routine testing. No illnesses have been reported.
- Publix Recalls Private Label Jalapeno Bagels – Out of an abundance of precaution, the company is issuing a voluntary recall for Publix Jalapeno Bagels, which are sold in either the self-service bins or artisan cases in the bakery department, and may contain pieces of glass and small stones.
The Publix Jalapeno Bagels were distributed to Publix store locations in Alabama, Florida, Georgia and South Carolina. Publix stores in Tennessee and North Carolina are not impacted by this recall.
- Plum Organics Voluntarily Recalls Little Cremes Organic Rice Milk Snacks Due to Potential Choking Hazard – Plum Organics is voluntarily recalling its Little Cremes organic rice milk snacks line after it was found that the product has the potential to cause choking. The small, bite-sized snack pieces are made to soften in a child’s mouth in less than 20 seconds making them easy to swallow.
- Mars Chocolate North America Issues Allergy Alert Voluntary Recall on Undeclared Peanuts and Eggs in TWIX Bites 7oz Stand Up Pouch – Today, Mars Chocolate North America announced a voluntary recall of its TWIX Brand Unwrapped Bites 7 oz. Stand Up Pouch with the code date: 421BA4GA60. Fewer than 25 cases of the stand-up pouches in this single lot code may contain product containing peanuts and eggs without listing them on the ingredient label.
- Tullia’s Recalls Sauce Because of Possible Health Risk – Tullia’s is recalling Italian Meatless Pasta Sauce code 530140. This recall has been initiated because a records review by the Washington State Department of Agriculture revealed that one batch of sauce produced with the 530140 code had a pH level high enough to allow the growth of Clostridium botulinum.
- La Orocovena Biscuit Voluntarily Recalls Pound Cake de Queso Due to Undeclared Milk, Soy and Wheat – Through this means we inform to all La Orocoveña Biscuit clients that we will be conducting a recall of the product Pound Cake de Queso, 2oz. Exp. Dates 08/11/2014 to 10/12/2014, this since the product contains undeclared milk, wheat and soy.
- Tjs Place recalls Basil Pesto Pasta because of potential health risk – Tjs Place of Kirkland Washington is voluntarily recalling approx. 20 containers of Basil Pesto Pasta packed in 8 oz plastic tubs because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
- PEDIGREE Adult Complete Nutrition Limited Recall Due to Metal Fragments (Expanded) – At PEDIGREE, we care about all dogs and their safety and well-being is extremely important to us, and to our mission – to make a Better World for Pets. For that reason, we have announced the extension of a previous voluntary recall of PEDIGREE Adult Complete Nutrition dry dog food products due to the possible presence of a foreign material.
- 4C Foods Corp. Voluntarily Recalls 4C Grated Cheese Homestyle Parmesan Because of Salmonella Contamination – 4C Foods Corp. is recalling its 6-oz. glass jars of “4C Grated Cheese HomeStyle Parmesan”, UPC 0-41387-32790-8 with code dates BEST BY JUL 21 2016 and JUL 22 2016 due to possible contamination with Salmonella. This recall does not impact any other 4C cheese products. Salmonella is an organism that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
- Regeneca Worldwide, a Division of Vivaceuticals, Inc Expands the Voluntarily Recall of Regeneslim Appetite Control Capsules Due to the Presence of DMAA that May Pose Possible Health Risk – Regeneca Worldwide a division of VivaCeuticals, Inc. Las Vegas, NV is expanding the voluntary nationwide recall of its RegeneSlim appetite control dietary supplement to include lot #823230415, lot #EX0616r 15813, Lot # EX0616R15814 and Lot #11414re5516 because FDA analysis confirmed the presence of DMAA. DMAA is also known as 1,3-dimethylamylamine, methylhexanamine, or geranium extract. DMAA is commonly used as a stimulant, pre-workout, and weight loss ingredient in dietary supplement products.