Fire at Pleasant Valley Elementary School

January 20, 2011

Firefighters quickly extinguished a small fire at Pleasant Valley Elementary School in San Miguel on Wednesday night.

An Electrical failure of a halogen lamp located on the side of the building sparked the fire which moved into the attic.

In about 20 minutes, firefighters from Paso Robles, San Luis Obispo County and Cal Fire had put out the blaze. Damage, estimated at $5,000, was contained to the attic.

The school will be opened for students on Thursday.