GOP candidate Kashkari contributes another $1 million to his campaign

October 18, 2014
Neel Kashkari

Neel Kashkari

California gubernatorial candidate Neel Kashkari contributed another $1 million of his own money to his campaign. Even so, his campaign cash continues to fall far behind his opponent Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown.

On Friday, Kashkari reported another $1 million contribution that brings his personal contributions to more than $3 million for the primary and general election. Reports show Kashkari had $680,000 in the bank on Sept. 30 and has since raised another $400,000.

Gov. Brown has nearly $30 million in his two campaign accounts, one for his gubernatorial campaign and the other for two ballot initiatives he is promoting.




  1. r0y says:

    The only way a republican can win state office in California is to become “democrat lite” and run during an off-season (non-presidential) election.

    Our state (and country?) have invested so much in ignorance, that it is near impossible to run on a platform of responsibility and/or accountability. Don’t take MY bennies! Party of NO! (do they still use that?), etc.

    We’re beyond gone, and no amount of money in an election will convince the legions of ignorance upon the errors of their voting ways.

    (6) 6 Total Votes - 6 up - 0 down
    • Rambunctious says:

      60,000 people have left California for Texas….I would bet 75% of them were conservative. Governor Brown will win because for the most part here in California the voting public are either wealthy retired folks or people on the government handout wagon. Anyone in the middle class that wants to be in the upper class knows they will need to leave this state to increase their chances.

      (-1) 3 Total Votes - 1 up - 2 down
  2. diamond says:

    And this photo is the one he chose to represent himself? Win the masses? Holy crap! He looks like he wants to kill everyone! OJ Simpsons mug shot looked friendlier, Geez…

    (2) 8 Total Votes - 5 up - 3 down
    • Jorge Estrada says:

      I can only guess that this is the opinion of a DEMO? Thankfully I haven’t been Californicated, so practical and logical are still in my dictionary.

      (1) 7 Total Votes - 4 up - 3 down
      • diamond says:

        Actually Jorge, I support neither Democrat or Republican. I am a free. It is my opinion. However, you made it obvious which label you fall under. Little Bo Peep is looking for you.

        (-1) 1 Total Votes - 0 up - 1 down
  3. LameCommenter says:

    We appreciate this man’s valiant and costly attempt to replace Moonbeam. One can only hold onto a thin pipe-dream that Kalifornians will come to their senses.

    But then, I also believe in the Easter Bunny, saucers, and that Obama will be judged historically as a wise and effective President.

    (-2) 24 Total Votes - 11 up - 13 down
  4. atasbette says:

    Kashkar, Kashkari, Kaskari–all in one story! Proof reader off for the weekend, I guess!

    (14) 14 Total Votes - 14 up - 0 down
  5. Citizen says:

    What about the $25 billion dollars California spends on illegals EACH YEAR? Our schools could provide our children ( and the US citizen children of illegals) with the best education, yet Gov. Brown and the Ca. Legislature encourages more illegals to come here.

    (11) 29 Total Votes - 20 up - 9 down
    • Citizen says:

      This was supposed to be a reply to GrayGranny 2010 bemoaning the money being spent for political campaigns.

      (0) 12 Total Votes - 6 up - 6 down
  6. OtisCampbell says:

    Your eyelids are getting heavy…..
    Sleep, sleep, sleep

    (1) 9 Total Votes - 5 up - 4 down
  7. GrayGranny2010 says:

    What a waste of money!!! I’m thinking our schools would love these resources to enhance our schools and provide our children with the best education “money can buy” (similar to what private schools offer their students).

    (-8) 20 Total Votes - 6 up - 14 down
    • toryrand says:

      hah….yeah, give it to the schools so the administrators can soak it all up in pay raises……

      (7) 15 Total Votes - 11 up - 4 down
    • r0y says:

      Granny, if the schools cannot perform with 61% of the property tax income (while every one else shares the remaining 39%), then we really need to stop giving them money as step one.

      (7) 9 Total Votes - 8 up - 1 down
    • Theo P. Neustic says:

      Throwing good money after bad.

      (1) 1 Total Votes - 1 up - 0 down

Comments are closed.