Woman burned in Solvang guest ranch explosion

February 21, 2016

ambulance 4A 50-year-old woman suffered serious burns when an aerosol deodorant can exploded early Sunday morning at the Alisal Guest Ranch in Solvang, according to the Santa Barbara County Fire Department.

At about 6:45 a.m., the woman was in a bathroom at the Alisal Guest Ranch where she had been spraying the aerosol deodorant. The woman then lit a match which caused the explosion.

Firefighters arrived to find the woman with serious burns to her face and arms. Her clothing was partially burned away.

Emergency medical personal transported the victim to Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital for treatment.



  1. heybobareebob says:

    Almost a Darwin Award winner.

    (-1) 1 Total Votes - 0 up - 1 down
  2. just thinking says:

    Must have been a stinker in the bathroom! Spray room odorize, then lite a match !

    (4) 12 Total Votes - 8 up - 4 down
  3. TaxMeAgain says:

    Most people do not realize that propane and other highly flammable chemicals are used a propellants. Be careful. Prayers for the victim.

    (7) 15 Total Votes - 11 up - 4 down

Leave a Comment