SLO residents try to fight house fire, do not succeed

April 21, 2019

A pair of San Luis Obispo residents attempted to extinguish a fire in their granny unit using cups of water on Saturday, but they did not succeed, and they ended up displaced by the blaze. [KSBY]

Shortly before 4 p.m., a bathroom fan caught on fire in a granny unit behind a home near Mitchell Drive and Broad Street. Fire dropped onto the bathroom floor as the residents inside tried to extinguish the blaze.

The fire soon spread into the attic. The residents managed to escape their unit uninjured.

San Luis Obispo firefighters arrived and pulled the ceiling down to fight the blaze from below. Firefighters also cut a hole in the roof of the unit to let the smoke out.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze, but the granny unit sustained significant ceiling damage, as well as electrical system damage. A building inspector reg-tagged the structure, and officials estimate it will be a few weeks before the unit is habitable again.


Loading...

4
Leave a Reply

Please Login to comment
SLOChildrenAtPlay

That was hella funny Russ J. I wonder why all the negative comments? I guess if you mention cannabis or “stoners” in a negative tone here in the “Happiest City in the Universe,” you might just get stoned to death by the pro-weed crowd. We must remember, weed is the miracle drug of the 21st century. It cures more ailments that Gold Bond medicated powder mixed with snake oil.


Russ J

Did they have a cup brigade? Sounds like the early 1800’s but with a twist of cannabis. Bunch of stoners in a granny unit with red silo cups passing them down the line. ” Hey dude pass me that cup, we’re gonns lose our stash” “Ah crap – we’re gonna loose our cheap granny rental. Now we gotta pay market price from some greedy baby boomer landlord.”


RalphKane

LOL…funniest thing I’ve read all day!


corvidae

Golden trophy.