Paso Robles man accused of child abuse

February 20, 2013
Herbert Brown III

Herbert Brown III

A Paso Robles man is in jail after allegedly assaulting his 2-year-old daughter on Monday.

Police arrived at a home on Santa Ysabel Avenue to discover the child not breathing with visible injuries to her head and body. The child is in critical condition at a Bay Area hospital.

Police arrested the child’s father, 29-year-old Herbert Brown III, and booked him into the San Luis Obispo County Jail on suspicion of child abuse likely to result in death. Brown is being held in lieu of $130,000 bail.

1. jacobkale says:

I am n will be at a loss of words. He is the father of my 7 year old son n i truely need answers. I thank god for my son n pray for lil Lilly we neve r met. I agree with the statment of revenge against the mother but what do i know…. love u lil Lilly

2. prgirl says:

The little girl has died, according to the radio news this morning.

3. Ted Slanders says:

If this ungodly ilk is proven guilty, DO NOT give him a death sentence! Let him be in prison with it known to the other prisoners that he killed a 2 year old child! In this way, Herbert Brown will have wished he had the death sentence over what the other prisoners will be doing to him before they carry out their own sentence!

4. monkscrew says:

Meth… Not even once.

5. Moderator says:

Comments suggesting alternative justice ,revenge fantasies have been removed. ? or ! moderator@calcoastnews.com

6. willieslo says:

2-year-old, still just a mere baby at 3 years old
    child not breathing with visible injuries to her head and body

Father is 29 years old
    Seems more like a revenge against the mother

If he hasn’t already now, he will later regret what he done to his baby on his own.
    I feel sorry for him, and if his baby recovers I hope she in time will fine some way to forgive everyone involved