Pot legalization headed for 2010 ballot

December 14, 2009

imagesSupporters of a state initiative that would legalize marijuana in California claim they have collected enough signatures to ensure that it will be on the November 2010 ballot.

According to the Los Angeles Times, the petition drive has collected more than 680,000 signatures, 57% more than what is required to put the measure on the ballot. If passed, Californians over the age of 21 would be allowed to possess up to an ounce of marijuana.

1. Robert1 says:

It’s about time, many people need this instead of pain addicting narcotics.

2. SLO LOCAL says:

cool cause uhhh uhhh wait, what was I talking about? I’m gonna go eat more oreos…

• Cindy says:

Oh that was too funny. You’ve obviously been around some pot smokers because your spoof is exactly what many of them are like after a hit off the bong. I’m for legalizing pot , let hem eat cake, I’ll stick to my tofu and stay straight, thank you very much.

3. Rewind says:

Dopers crack me up. What a waste (pun intended)

4. Vagabond says:

Yea! California! I just might move back there!

5. Booty JuJu says:

Of course it will be legalized. The only other option is to imprison 70% of the population.

• cheseburger says:

The only one’s who will vote against this, are the cash crop growers and pot dealers that will have to do real work if it is legalized, I guess this is where I can write that if we made it legal and grew it well, we could export and get this dam country out of it’s deficit with china, another thought instead of nukes we build a giant pot bomb and detonate it over the Afghanistan mountains, and all the Taliban Rebels will come crawling out, craving apple pie and ice cream instead of wanting to, cut off our heads. Problem half of our guys would take off their gas masks, ahh, to dream, have a sense of humor readers; Merry Christmas to our men and women in uniform.