House fire displaces Atascadero resident

December 25, 2015

FIRE_01A fire caused by food left cooking on the stove displaced an Atascadero resident on Christmas Eve. [KSBY]

The fire occurred at an apartment in the 5500 block of Capistrano Avenue. Atascadero fire officials received a call reporting the fire shortly after 1 p.m. Thursday.

Multiple agencies responded to the fire. Firefighters contained the blaze about 15 minutes after arriving and confined the fire to the kitchen area.

No one suffered any injuries as a result of the fire.

Smoke and fire damage forced the resident of the apartment to seek shelter elsewhere. The Red Cross provided the person a place to stay Thursday night.


Loading...

Leave a Comment