E-cigarette explodes in Paso Robles teen’s mouth
April 27, 2016
A Paso Robles teen is in the hospital after an e-cigarette exploded in his face, burned a hole in the his tongue and caused him to lose several teeth.
On April 18, Daniel McClelland, 17, was vaping an e-cigarette while riding in a friend’s car when it exploded and caught on fire. The impact cracked windows and seriously burned the teen.
McClelland can now breathe without a ventilator, but he still cannot completely close his larynx or speak, according to a GoFundMe page.
McClelland is currently communicating using a dry-erase board, Facebook and text messaging. He remains in the ICU at the Fresno Regional Burn Unit.
McClelland’s family is requesting donations on the GoFundMe page to help cover mounting medical bills.