Man convicted of molestation despite reported erectile issues

April 8, 2016
Jose Antonio Rojas Barriga

Jose Antonio Rojas Barriga

A San Miguel who reportedly planned to use erectile dysfunction as a defense has been convicted of 30 counts of child molestation charges. He now faces life in prison.

Jose Antonio Rojasbarriga, 60, molested two boys who were under the age of 14. Rojasbarriga committed repeated acts of molestation over the course of five years, according to the San Luis Obispo County District Attorney’s Office.

Jurors did not reach a verdict on one count of sodomy. Still, Rojasbarriga faces up to 750 years to life in state prison. The law allows for consecutive sentences of 25 years to life for each count because Rojasbarriga committed the crimes against separate victims on separate occasions, according to the DA’s Office.

In January, Judge John Trice declared a mistrial in the case. The mistrial occurred after one of the boys testified that Rojasbarriga molested him 15 to 20 times.

The boy, who is now 16, was expected to testify Rojasbarriga molested him once. Defense attorney Matt Guerrero then requested a mistrial, and Trice granted the request.

A prosecution motion in the case stated the defense was going to claim Rojasbarriga could not have committed the crimes because he suffered from erectile dysfunction.

Following Thursday’s verdict, District Attorney Dan Dow release a statement saying justice had been served.

“The young victims in this case, who are truly brave survivors, can now begin the long healing process because justice was served by these verdicts,” Dow said.

Judge John Trice is scheduled to sentence Rojasbarriga on May 6.


Loading...

17 Comments

  1. Moderator says:

    Per our policy, revenge fantasy’s describing the murder of a human, have been deleted.

    (0) 0 Total Votes - 0 up - 0 down

Leave a Comment