Bicyclist killed in SLO hit-and-run

August 30, 2017

A car collided with a bicycle in San Luis Obispo late Tuesday night, killing a man who was riding the bike. The driver then fled the scene, and police are now searching for the vehicle and multiple suspects. [KSBY]

Shortly before midnight, the car and bicycle collided on Foothill Boulevard near Ferrini Road. Investigators believe both the driver and bicyclist were traveling eastbound on Foothill at the time of the crash.

One witness who was walking in the area said the vehicle was a four-door sedan, and there were two young females inside. The collision reportedly caused major front-end damage to the car, possibly shattering its windshield.

Authorities closed Foothill Boulevard between Ferrini Road and Cuesta Drive for several hours as detectives probed the scene of the crash.

Police have not released the identity of the victim, nor further information about anyone involved in the collision. Police department traffic experts are investigating the deadly crash.

1. gangsta1 says:

I figure this will allow bectwited to be the victims fault.Welcome to SLO county.

2. gangsta1 says:

Heck! If there was a secondary passenger they outta be held responsible as a wutnees not reporting a accident and as well with full knowledge of occurrence of Saud accident. Thus was a fatality.Not a fender bender.Rest in peace Mr.Kennedy love.

3. Dirk Anderson says:

The cyclist himself may have been impaired and unlit etc. Damn excuse me love you too.

• RonHolt says:

At that time of night, your speculation could be accurate but lets wait for the facts before jumping to conclusions. (The cyclist could also have been riding to/from work or to a friend’s place among other possibilities.)

4. Dirk Anderson says:

I remember some of the things I did when I was young, a little difficult to be too self righteous and judgmental, especially without knowing all the details. It is a tragedy. I ride a bike everyday, I have had more close calls as a pedestrian, some of it intentional. I might get a dedicated camera to document some of this, as if anybody would miss me, just cremate me and throw me to the elements.

5. TaxMeAgain says:

I’d like to see the driver (17, drinking, and hit-and-run) tried as an adult and the maximum penalty delivered.

• kayaknut says:

If her parents are rich or are a member of the “special” class, such as LEO, political, governmental or such, she likely won’t even have a trial and won’t serve any time in jail, it has happened before.

6. 1965buick says:

Reprehensible. They kill someone, leave, then check to see if their car is damaged.
    What the heck are we teaching kids?

• kayaknut says:

To not be responsible for your actions, we see it all the time in government, politics, law enforcement, corporate world, and even when speaking out.

• r0y says:

Whatever it is “we” are teaching them is often by example. No one seems to have any responsibility anymore, and when they do, a cry for blood rings out. We’re too irresponsible and litigious a society to promote personal responsibility… my 2¢ anyway…

7. circlingthedrain says:

When we rely on one another for updates as opposed to the journalists…….

8. laftch says:

Turn yourself in. You will be found out. It will only get worse for you the longer you wait.