On-duty CHP officer arrested in San Luis Obispo

September 14, 2017

Gary Dana

An on-duty California Highway Patrol officer was arrested for DUI in the parking lot of the CHP office on California Boulevard in San Luis Obispo more than a month ago. Nevertheless, the officer was not booked into jail nor was his mugshot taken. [Cal Coast Times]

On the morning of July 27, officer Gary Dana drove his BMW to the CHP office, put on his uniform, got into his squad car and drove about 10 feet before he was arrested for driving under the influence. Dana had a blood alcohol content of .15.

The legal limit for driving in California is .08.

Dana later admitted to consuming a single vodka cranberry at 9 p.m. on July 26.

Read entire article at Cal Coast Times.

1. SLO_Johnny says:

I hope they took away his guns.

• copperhead says:

They might take away his weapons, but nobody can ever take away the guns he heas earned in the gym and I am sure displays throughout his social media posts.

2. George Bailey says:

Dear Fellow Taxpayers,

Work harder, public servants like Officer Gary Dana, who makes $150,000 a-year, need the money.

It is unconscionable that this man resumes going to his job enforcing DUI laws when he clearly has a problem being sober himself. I do hope he get’s help for his drinking, AND he deserves to be fired from his public safety job IMMEDIATELY.

Guys like Gary Dana cannot protect the public, they are a menace to the public!

3. CCWine says:

Lock him up for taking a bro tough-guy selfie wearing his cliche cop mirrored aviator glasses indoors at night in his kitchen.

4. fhill123 says:

Injustice at its finest!!

5. copperhead says:

Who wants to wager that he is 5’7″ or shorter?

6. 1965buick says:

This is so troubling. All I can say is that I’m thankful someone stopped him.

Why there is no real punishment I don’t know. It would be nice if there was some way, shape or form to enforce punishment on the enforcers. I think most of us realize that simply isn’t going to happen. Hopefully they will continue to patrol themselves.

7. justbeware says:

On one hand I want to laugh when I look at Mr Dana’s, I’m a bad dude selfie.
    On the other hand I want to vomit

• ccmom says:

I think, mostly vomit. He’s almost 50 and taking selfies. That speaks volumes.

I’m thankful for the officer that did the right thing albeit uncomfortable and arrested him. That wasn’t easy, I’m sure.

8. Noodly Appendages says:

Lieutenant Dangle! A law enforcement Cheetah!

9. copperhead says:

Did that single vodka cranberry come in a 1/2 gallon container?