Teen charged with DUI and driving 107 mph in Paso Robles

October 31, 2019

By JOSH FRIEDMAN

A 19-year-old man was caught driving 107 mph while under the influence of alcohol early Wednesday morning in Paso Robles, according to the CHP.

Enrique Perez, 19, was driving on Highway 46 East at Union Road. A CHP officer stopped Perez’s vehicle and took the teen into custody.

Officers charged Perez with three counts of DUI, including charges of having a blood alcohol level above .08 and driving under the influence while under the age of 21. Perez is also charged with driving without insurance.

Officers booked Perez into the San Luis Obispo County Jail. He was released several hours later. The CHP posted a photo of Perez’s speeding ticket on Facebook.

“Thank goodness the driver was stopped and arrested before they could hurt themselves or someone else,” the CHP posted.


Loading...

6
Leave a Reply

Please Login to comment
1965buick

Basically pedal to the metal then, for who knows how long. No car for this guy, please.


kayaknut

Since he is an adult what ever happen to a night in the tank to sleep it off, wouldn’t want this snowflake to spend more than a few hours behind bars…..Did they even give him his vehicle back? I say sell it in an auction.


aye-caramba

“They arrested me and they put me in jail

And called my pappy to throw my bail

And he said, “Son, you’re gonna’ drive me to drinkin’

If you don’t stop drivin’ that Hot Rod Lincoln!”


805code4

I’ve done some silly things in my youth, taken a lot of unnecessary risks and a few things I’m not proud of, but never anything on such a high magnitude of stupidity such as this. Thank God for our public safety officers, and thank God again that nobody got hurt or killed.


mkaney

You never did anything as stupid as this, or you never got CAUGHT doing anything as stupid as this? LoL


AmericaTheFree

So, just a bunch of “low” magnitude stupidity? Any of it criminal? Just askin’…

I crack up at the self righteous “just never been caught crowd” that gets all indignant over stupid crap like this, no I really do.

I remember years back Playboy magazine doing a “study” on men’s masturbation habits, they, Playboy, concluded that 85% of men did so and admitted to it, the other 15% just lied about it. Gee, I wonder if that’s kinda the situation here?

Mr. Perez is 19, he’s an adult by law but really he’s just a kid, so give him a break from your condemnation! Fine the shit out of him, take his driving privileges away for an extended period of time (other than getting to and from work) and mandate he attend some sort of drug school. Maybe, just maybe this is the lesson he needed before he kills someone. I sure do hope so…