Wallet heist nets big take

January 18, 2012

A stolen wallet led to a $4,600 crime spree Saturday and San Luis Obispo police are seeking a man and woman suspected of the theft.

According to officers, the pair removed a wallet from the purse of a shopper at Costco, who did not realize the wallet was missing until she went to check out. At about that time, the victim’s credit card company notified her that a purchase of $2,800 had just been made at Target.

After that, police said, the suspects entered an Apple retail store and charged $1,800 in merchandise.

Similar cases have been reported during the past two years, said authorities, who are looking for connections.

The suspects are described as a white female or light-skinned Hispanic woman, 30 to 35 years old, 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighing about 160 pounds. Her male companion is white or light-skinned Hispanic, 30 to 35 years old, 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighing about 200 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call San Luis Obispo police at 781-7317.

The suspect is on the left in the green shirt

1. fhill123 says:

What about all these facial recognition programs used on TV cop shows? Just a myth?

2. abigchocoholic says:

Those are good pics, just make them bigger and splash them all over the local news. Somebody will recognize them.

I can’t wait until they get caught. Going to jail for about 5 years over $5,000.

Only good thing about criminals is how stupid they almost always are.

3. Paso_Guy says:

Funny, doesn’t look like Adam Hill

4. azuresees says:

Photos are too small….

• sloweb says:

Agreed. I went to the SLOPD website, thinking they would have some better pix. But, either I did not spend enough time looking or they don’t have any.

5. sloweb says:

This incident brings to mind, this crime left unsolved, the credit card company will eat the costs for this. When ever I see CC companies increase fees or their 18% interest rates, I try to remember that I get this protection. And if I use my card responsibly, I won’t incur their expensive charges.