Tony Cipolla quits KSBY
May 18, 2010
After 20 years at KSBY, news anchor Tony Cipolla is calling it quits. [Tribune]
Cipolla, 46, told the Tribune that he and KSBY’s management could not agree on a salary contract.
“Management offered me a salary with a 40 percent pay cut, which was on top of a 25 percent pay cut I had already taken three years ago,” Cipolla told the Tribune. “I really couldn’t do that to my family.’’
KSBY Director of Marketing Brandon Downing said that Cipolla’s statements are misleading and that his salary requests are unfair to his colleagues and KSBY.
“Although we understand why he is leaving, we believe his comments are misleading,” Downing said in a press release. “The bottom line is Tony continues to want to be paid the salaries of both a news director and a news anchor. However, he has not served in the role of a News Director since 2005.
“He is a journalism professional and we wish him and his family the very best as he takes ‘the next step’ in his career, Downing added. Good luck to you, Tony.”
His last day will be June 3.